Biology Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for biology researchers, academics, and students. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I could not spell the agar [gonoline-uroline] which I heard yesterday. My spelling is so wrong that I could not find it in Google.

What is the right spelling for this agar?

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Atl LED, Satwik Pasani, biogirl, terdon, MattDMo Feb 24 '14 at 15:38

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Might help if you tell us what it is used for. – Alan Boyd Feb 22 '14 at 12:39
It's completely illogical to change the question after a comment and an answer to the original question. – Alan Boyd Feb 22 '14 at 13:12
@AlanBoyd I agree, now it looks I did not answer question at all. The authors suggested to open a new questions if the original one has solved and generated other questions. – Ilan Feb 22 '14 at 13:14
I rolled back and opened a new a question:… – Masi Feb 22 '14 at 14:44
up vote 3 down vote accepted

The first word is ok, there is agar called Gonoline, the second one is probably Euroline and there is an agar with this word too (Liver IgG Euroline).

I've found both of them on the Italian site, probably the are not one, but two agars.

share|improve this answer
Now, I am thinking why they are using these two agars in combination. The topic was Pathogenous cocci. – Masi Feb 22 '14 at 13:07
If you've found the question solved - please click accept the answer - there are a lot of questions solved, but not marked properly. – Ilan Feb 22 '14 at 13:12
I actually don't think this is right (not that it's your fault given the question), but I'm pretty sure Euroline is brand name for a synthetically printed ELISA like assay. I really don't think there's any agar involved. – Atl LED Feb 23 '14 at 1:19

Looking at your two questions together, I think you mean gonoline media, followed by blood agar. To be honest, I feel like this question would be off topic. You may be referring to a specific blood agar, like Chocolate agar, but that would be wild speculation.

Gonoline media is often used for Neisseriaceae, so perhaps you are specifically looking at Gonorrhea?

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.