Biology Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for biology researchers, academics, and students. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I read on the text book:

The characteristic of Dinemasporium are: superficial, cupulate to Discoid conidiomata with brown satae, Phialid conidiogenous cells that give rise to hyaline, oblong to Allantoids, and Aseptate conidia with an appendage at each end.

My question:

the phrase "oblong to Allantoids"; Is the word oblong valid for this context? if not, what other word would associate?

share|improve this question

Oblong is probably correct in this context, but "allantoids" should probably be "allantoid" to be the adjective form. It's describing translucent (hyaline), oval (oblong) to sausage-shaped (allantoid), undivided (aseptate) spore.

share|improve this answer
Thank you, I should have referred to this link. – rusticmystic May 15 '13 at 4:19

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.