Do you have any suggestions on a suitable introductory text on bioinformatics for a computer scientist? Any recommendations with pros and cons of different books would be appreciated. I'm mainly looking for a brief introduction since I'm a novice to this field.
I found some books like
- Systems Biology by Edda Klipp,
- Introduction to Bioinformatics by Arthur Lesk
- Bioinformatics For Dummies
- Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics by Jonathan Pevsner
- An Introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms by Neil C. Jones and Pavel A. Pevzner
I would like to develop software related to sequencing applications, so any suggestions should ideally aid in this goal.