Tag Info

New answers tagged


In the process of exocytosis materials which are about to be released are transported in small vesicles to the plasma membrane. The plasma membrane fuses with these vesicles and this sets the substances free on the outside of the cell. See the figure (from here): The other possibility for transport vesicles is that they arrive at their target cell and ...


As you point out human beings (and other organisms) have hundreds of retroviruses and many can be seen in the human genome, some of which appear to be the remains of deactivated viruses, others which may be active. Most retroviruses are not pathogenic - they don't cause disease. This is because many retroviruses replicate slowly, budding and secreting ...

Top 50 recent answers are included