Biology.SE can be a great place to get help and advice with university and school assignments, however we ask that you take the time to read through these tips before posting your question.
What is a homework question?
- A request for help with an assignment
- Asking for help after exam feedback - i.e. "Why was this marked incorrect?"
- A question that addresses a basic biology concept that may seem trivial to biology professionals
Any question that meets these requirements should be tagged with homework in addition to other appropriate tags.
What should I do before I ask the question?
- Research it yourself - even if you try and can't find the answer or understand the concept you need you can then include what you have found out yourself in the question.
- Search the site to see if something similar has been asked before.
How should I ask my question?
- Give full details of the problem.
- Include details of how you have attempted to form a solution. We will not do your homework assignments for you but we will point you in the right direction if you have made the effort to research the topic first.
- Use logical and clear formatting as this will increase your chances of getting an answer. For example, include tasks from your assignment in blockquotes.