What topics can I ask about here?
Biology Stack Exchange is for people studying biology at any level. Questions are from students, academics and active researchers in biology and closely related fields, including:
- general questions about biological concepts
- questions about the biological mechanisms behind medical conditions
- questions about techniques in a biological or biochemical laboratory
Questions on interdisciplinary subjects like bioinformatics are also welcome, as long as they focus on the biological part of the subject.
Which questions are off-topic?
- personal medical questions and health advice
- philosophical or ethical questions related to biology
Please see these tips on writing a good question before posting.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Biology Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"