(Picture from Internet)
I want to know the scientific name of this insect. They are very small in size and they do not like to stay at one place so taking pictures is hard. Following are some information which will help in identification.
- Location: India
- Size: Miniscule. About some millimeters
- Color: Green. Sometimes a black dot appears on its wings
- Survive during the post-Monsoon duration i.e. Late July to October. Hence sometimes referred to as Post-Monsoon bugs.
- Attracted to lights. Large number of those swarm around any source of light
- Causes a great deal of damage to crops
- Does not bite but causes local itching on contact with skin
- The name in our native language roughly translates to "green insect" (because of green color)