There are people in internet , with professional sounding voice , who claim that evolution is not scientifically possible (such as there is not enough time for evolution, or modern genetics has disproved it and what not!) or not even well supported in the scientific community. Here in Bangladesh, with a fundamentalist population, we are not even thought evolution that well, teachers avoid that and recently evolution has been forcefully removed from government textbooks. (So forgive my question is dumb) What will expert say? I am confused.
It's a fact.
Natural selection, adaptation and genetic changes have been observed and documented several times.
But in the end, it's not about who's right, but, who has the better explanation to describe what we observe in our world.
Evolutionist denyers will have an extremely hard time explaining ...
- ... the appearance of atavisms
- ... why humans share 98% of their DNA with chimpanzees
- ... why humans share 50% of their DNA with fruit flies
- ... why every living being (including bacteria) share the identical genetic code (genetic code = why the DNA sequence "GCC" will add Alanine to proteins, while "GTC" adds "Valine", etc.)
- ... the evidence described in this video
There are no explanations that explains all that without assuming that all living beings are somehow related with another, since that's how genetic information is passed on. That's why it is considered a fact that every lifeform shares a common ancestor.