I got the given question. They want the following pieces of information about protozoological human parasites:
disease - parasite - vector.
There are 10 proteogenic diseases at the Wikipedia. I added the corresponding parasite and the vector next to them:
- Malaria - Plasmodium - Apicomplexa
- Amoebiasis - Entamoeba histolytica - sarcomastigophora
- Giardiasis - Giardia lamblia - no vector
- Toxoplasmosis - Toxoplasma gondii - no vector
- Cryptosporidiosis - Cryptosporidium - Apicomplexa
- Trichomoniasis - Trichomonas vaginalis - no vector
- Chagas disease - Trypanosoma cruci - insect
- Leismaniasis - Leishmania donovani - sand fly vector
- Sleeping sickness - Trypanosoma brucei gambiense - tsetse fly vector
- Dysentery - Entamoeba histolytica - sarcomastigophora
I am unsure what I should answer to the question since it is asking "all" possible vectors for unicellular human parasites. There are many possible diseases, much more than the given ten in my opinion. It seems also that there are many possible ways of getting the infection for each disease.
I hope that I am wrong in my statements. It is my first course in Parasitology.
What would you answer to the given question?