Is consumption of blood more "dangerous" compared to meat?
There was a news-article about unnatural chemicals found in the blood of mothers. This reminded me about a question I have pondered upon from time to time. Now, I am not a vampire, but curious as to the nature of blood vs meat in animals. More specifically unhealthy components.
There are various examples of viruses being in danger of spreading by consumption of raw blood like ebola, H5N1 etc. (But then also meat etc.)
Perhaps easier if I throw out some questions to show what I am asking:
- Are there more of such in blood then meat?
- Are there other things that can be worse in blood even after preparing? Like cooking, conservation etc.
- Are parasites etc. more frequently found in blood?
- Are there organisms that are highly resilient to heat treatment found in blood?
- Are there more heavy metals in blood then meat? (Which I assume cooking does not give much of a difference.)
- Other toxins?