Can stress trigger any changes in the human body? I'd like to know more about things less commonly known than, for example: sweating and tiredness. What are the long term risks of chronic stress? Do stressful people have higher chance of having heart-diseases or affected by hair-loss, for example? I'm also interested in how can an emotion induce physiological changes in our body?
Stress is the reaction, which our body reacts against the pressure or tension. There are many impact of stress on the human body, which includes
- Emotional: Moodiness, short temper, agitation, inability to relax, feeling lonely and always depressed.
- Cognitive: Memory problems, unable to concentrate, very poor judgment, negative thoughts, always anxious and worrying
- Physical: Frequently suffering from pains and aches
- Behavior: Addiction toward drugs, alcohol or cigarettes for relief, nervous, being alone, insomnia.
- Other problems like headache, muscle pain, chest pain, fatigue, etc.