Here is an odd question:
Frogs have permeable skin. Indeed, via capillary action, frogs absorb water through their skin.
Chlorine is in principle a harmful substance. I am sure what percentage of chlorine is in swimming pools usually, but the pH level is kept to around 7.4. This is the desired pH level, as a pH of 7.4 is the pH-level in human eyes and mucous membranes.
One of the "common wisdoms" I had growing up was that if a leopard frog (i.e. The Northern Leopard Frog, rana pipiens) jumps into a swimming pool, it must die soon, because the chlorine would kill it. However, I now doubt this is true.
So, do frogs die from swimming pool water? If so, why? What exactly is killing them? Chlorine poisoning?
PS: I am having difficulty finding the correct tags for this question. Any help is appreciated.