Does anyone know of an open repository of medical images (e.g., CT scans) organized by disease category? I'm working on some computer vision software that requires a large set of controls from which to learn.
Here's a good start: http://www.aylward.org/notes/open-access-medical-image-repositories. I understand that this question was somewhat googleable, but perhaps amassing a collection of curated resource links is constructive here since a search through the exchange revealed no prior inquiries into this topic.
Update: For those who are interested in understanding the current landscape of tools available for analysis of medical images: Check out this list of open source tools (http://www0.cs.ucl.ac.uk/opensource_mia_ws_2012/links.html).
Open-access medical images:
- MedPix (by keyword, organic system, pathology and diagnosis A-Z)
- Radiopaedia (by keyword)
- PEIR Radiology (by keyword, organ or anatomic region)
- Ultrasound Cases (by keyword and organic system)
- Open Access Biomedical Image Search Engine (Openi) (by keyword)
- Wikimedia Commons (by keyword)
- Google image search (using the filter "creative commons," "public domain" or "open access")
- Google image search (using filters: black/white, noncommercial, photo)