What is the roughly the distribution of the various synaptic connections in the brain.
Consider the following types:
- axoaxonic synapse between the axon of one neuron and the axon of another neuron.
- axodendritic synapse between the axon of one neuron and the dendrites of another.
- axodendrosomatic synapse between a neuron's axon and the dendrites and body of another.
- axosomatic synapse between the axon of one neuron and the body of another.
- dendrodendritic synapse from a dendrite of one cell to a dendrite of another.
I know that the axodendritic synapse is the most prevalent, but what is order of the others? Are there any sources for this (couldn't find this anywhere). Specifically, rough percentages of the distribution (amount) of these synaptic connections in the nervous system would be very helpful.