Many commonly known animals' limbs usually number between 0 and 10. For example, a non-exhaustive list:
- snakes have 0
- Members of Bipedidae have 2 legs. Birds and humans have 2 legs (but 4 limbs)
- Most mammals, reptiles, amphibians have 4 legs
- Echinoderms (e.g., sea stars) typically have 5 legs.
- Insects typically have 6 legs
- Octopi and arachnids have 8 legs
- decapods (e.g., crabs) have 10 legs
....But I can't really think of many examples of animals containing more legs until you reach 30+ legs in centipedes and millipedes. Some millipedes even have as many as 750 legs! The lone example I am aware of, the sunflower sea star, typically has 16-24 (though up to 40) limbs.
So my question is: what are some examples of animals with 12-28 legs?