@Munish: I will rebut that page, even if Mr. Blomstrom has begun to do so.
- Carnivores don't swallow food whole. That's why they have other teeth rather than just four large fangs.
- Birds have no teeth. There are many birds of prey that eat other animals, and there are birds that are nut/seed/fruit eaters.
- Stomach acid: we have an extremely strong acid in our stomach, that if it weren't for a mucous layer protecting us, we would have a dissolved stomach. Average pH of stomach acid is about 1 to 3.5 - that's very acidic.
- Our intestinal tract is intermediate. Well suited for both, not just one. More importantly we lack the enzymes that can break down cellulose in plants. If we were strict herbivores, wouldn't it make sense to have the enzymes necessary?
- We are probably the best hunters on earth. We have been able to hunt and kill almost any animal wanted and allowed. We have highly developed brains that allowed us to invent firearms and send men to the moon. People around the world rely on fishing for their dinner, and hunt deer legally for food. Hunting is just not that economical for most people.
- To say that were weren't designed to process flesh is absurd. I ate beef the last two evenings. Safe food handling is the contributing factor in "meat illness", unless the person eating has a GI disorder.
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1262767/ : This is one journal that concluded there was no evident relationship between excess protein intake and renal function.
That is a vegan website, and should stimulate skepticism considering they have a bias. The point I'm trying to show isn't that we are made to eat meat, but rather choose for yourself. Gain the information you need and make the choice based on the lifestyle you would enjoy more.