What were the greatest achievements in Biology? Can you please provide a short list of discoveries that you would consider as being the most important discoveries of the history of Biology.
closed as primarily opinion-based by AliceD♦, rg255, Mad Scientist Feb 21 '16 at 22:03
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Here are a few things coming to my mind
- Discovery of cells by Robert Hook
- Discovery of bacteria by Antonie Philips van Leeuwenhoek
- Discovery of antibiotics by Alexander Flemming
- The basis of heredity by Gregor Mendel
- Evolution (On the origin of species by C. Darwin)
- Watson and Crick discovery of DNA structure
- The concept of ecosystem