I'm doing some independent research with the C Elegans nervous system (with the OpenWorm project) and was looking for some guidance as to where I should go next.
There are obvious patterns here.
I have many vague ideas of where to go next, but I'm wondering if anyone with more expertise can provide some guidance as to what approaches I can take to:
- Look at this data in the context of known C Elegans neuronal connectivity
- Trying to reconstruct connectivity from functional data (develop an algorithm for this, not a simple task)
- Understand why certain correlations exist
- Look at computations occurring among neurons in these datasets and isolate computational building blocks
- Developing a minimal network model for C Elegans.
- Understanding information flow