I am looking for a source of information about the diversity of human lineages and their relationships.
With a quick google search it is easy to find this type of tree
A perfect online resource would...
- Contain a lot of lineages going to the most detailed lineages
- Contain links to wikipedia or other source of information that could help someone to:
- identify a group
- have an overview of their culture
- Contain visualization of their current (or past) geographic range.
- Contain visualization of migration patterns
- As mtDNA and Y chromosome may typically show different story, it'd be great if the resource would differentiate these and highlights specific cases where the two tree differ.
Can you recommend some online resources?
A review paper with nice graphs would also be welcome.
The post The best free and most up to date phylogenetic tree on the internet? recommend resources for visualizing the tree of life.
This webite offers a pretty amazing tree of religions.