As a protein denatured, it may lose its functions. So theoretically if I heat some type of biological toxins like poisonous mushroom to 100 oC or higher temperature, will I able to eat it? (I know peoples still death after eat them even boiled to 100 oC, but why?) Is there anyway to make them edible?
Update: i know some protein can survive in high temperature, for example: taq polymerase. Can i destroy it functions by boil it to higher temperature like 140-160 oC at higher atmosphere pressure and then return back to normal temperature?
Update2 : i found some information on the internet by searching keyword "toxin destroyed by heat" : http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/food-technology/bacterial-food-poisoning/
- The botulinum toxin is destroyed by boiling the food for 10 minutes.* . So it's depend on the type of protein, the heat and time.
So is there any way/formula to predict the temperature and time to destroy a protein? Or is there any absolute temperature and time to kill most type of protein ?