What happens in our body when we get an electric shock?
closed as too broad by canadianer, user22020, Bryan Krause♦, kmm, AliceD♦ Oct 26 '17 at 21:09
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Ok. So, first of all, it depends on the power of the shock.
This relates to volts (electrical pressure) and amps (amount of electricity)
I strongly suggest you read this article
That article explains what happens in great detail, but if you're still curious, here are some other things that would obviously happen:
If it is a constant DC Current, negative ions will rush to the anode, and positive ones will rush to the cathode. The negative ions (including oxygen and chlorine) will bleach the cells in the area and kill them.
The positive ones in the cathode area will raise the ph drastically and liquefy the adjacent cells.
If the current is high enough, the cells will heat, which will denature the proteins and enzymes within and kill them.