I just recently watched a very interesting video that showed cell division under a microscope. In the video, you can see cells that have either one, two or more lines connected to them. What are these called?

Source: https://youtu.be/rgLJrvoX_qoenter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ It's not clear to me to which lines you are referring to. $\endgroup$ – canadianer Nov 21 '17 at 18:33
  • $\begingroup$ I added a photo and I apologize for the confusion. You can see multiple strands going off from each cell in photo. $\endgroup$ – Ztevan Whyte Nov 21 '17 at 18:40
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I think it's likely they are filopodia; however, without knowing more background on the image and what cells we are looking at and under what conditions I'd leave that as just a hesitant guess. $\endgroup$ – Bryan Krause Nov 21 '17 at 19:01
  • $\begingroup$ @Bryan Krause I believe you are correct and thank you so much. I am reading into what exactly this Filopodia is and what it does. Thanks for sharing something new with me I love to learn. I don't know how to upvote but just wanted to say thank you. $\endgroup$ – Ztevan Whyte Nov 21 '17 at 19:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.