Following up on How many human proteins have a solved 3D structure?,is there a list of very well characterized human proteins / protein complexes?
My criteria for "very well characterized" includes, at least:
- a high quality 3D structure
- known activity in vivo
- known associates in its activities in the cell
- kinetics of its activity
- regulatory elements for expression
- etc..., and
- (probably most importantly) a general consensus among experts that it is well described
This list would most likely include such proteins or protein complexes as:
- polymerase alpha, and
- the nuclear pore complex,
to name a very small number.