I need to know a little about the "knuckles" of toes; specifically the 4 areas that separate the 5 proximal/metatarsal joins.

I'd like to know the terms for areas that might be damaged if the width of the foot were to be repeatedly compressed there. Is there even a name for just the general "knuckle area"?



migrated from medicalsciences.stackexchange.com Mar 11 at 23:48

This question came from our site for professionals in medical and allied health fields, students of those professions, related academics, and others with a sound understanding of medicine and healthcare-related sciences.

  • $\begingroup$ This question might have a better fit in Biology.SE. $\endgroup$ – Chris Rogers Mar 10 at 10:40
  • $\begingroup$ Could you add a picture pointing to the joint(s) you are talking about? It's hard to tell if you are describing the joints between tarsals and metatarsals or between metatarsals and proximal phalanges. $\endgroup$ – kmm Mar 12 at 1:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.