Not sure if this is the right site to ask this question, but since diatomes are or once were biological creatures it seemed to fit this one more than any of the others. I have been supplementing my food, and my cats food occasionally, with food grade diatomaceous earth which is supposed to be healthy and good for bones, teath, skin, hair and cell growth among other things, it is inhert & has no known side effects, its is used regularly as a cattle feed additive & also as a pesticide or anti-parasite treatment to kill worms, fluke and other critters.. I only started doing this as a supplement as i do not generally eat alot of vegtables or fruit & am more of a snacking person.. However I just seen an article that say's beer, wine and many other beverages contain mercury as many of them are filtered using diatomaceous earth (Which pressumably would have to be Food Grade). If there are any minerologist/biologist's is this true? Where does the mercury come from? is it safe? Can the human body filter this out?