I'd like to know the correct term for the a group of teeth in the skull and jax (mandible) Not the specific types of teeth i.e molars, incisors, carnassials, canines etc but what a set of teeth get referred to. the upper teeth.


Upper teeth: maxillary teeth
Lower teeth: mandibular teeth

The term, "maxillary", is given to teeth in the upper jaw and "mandibular" to those in the lower jaw.

If you search these terms you will find many references. You can start with wikipedia which has many cross references.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.