If there is a need to align structurally different parts of distant homologs, which program one should use?

Since distant homologs often have significant structural changes, does that means the assumption of a similar physico-chemical environment for aligned residues would be violated?

Any program/tools or suggested reference will be a great help.


  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Try the bioinformatics SE, that is just the sort of question they answer. $\endgroup$ – Polypipe Wrangler Sep 12 '20 at 12:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.