Is there a specific name for the spot on the human iliac fossa where the bone is the thinnest? (Or, is there a name for the thickness measurement of that spot, e.g. the left/right _________ is 2.1mm?)

Green arrow:

enter image description here (image source: my own pelvis)

This point, for example (color maps thickness):

enter image description here (image source: me)

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The region is called iliac fossa. And it's basically the deepest part of the fossa. May be!!! I have never heard of a particular name of that thinnest part in my osteology books. $\endgroup$ Nov 14, 2020 at 14:02
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @A.N.Ψ it would just be called the thinnest or deepest part of the fossa, there is no special name for parts of a fossa you just use basic descriptive terms. $\endgroup$
    – John
    Nov 14, 2020 at 21:53


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .